hi another newbie

fiftyfifty

Recruit
i have been reading alot of interesting post , i have learned alot . thanks guys . ok now my question i did all the things i am suppose to do to set timing on my aq125a all my marks line up my rotor is pointing toward #1 i am at tdc i put everything back together and forgot to check to see if cam is in exhaust position . reading on here i havent seem anything about this , should i pull the valve cover and make sure.

RogersJetboat454

Commander
Re: hi another newbie

Ignition timing, correct?

Pull the valve cover, and watch the intake valve for cylinder 1 being opened and closed by the cam lobe. At that point you line the balancer up at 0? BTDC, and drop the distributor in with the rotor facing the distributor cap terminal you intend to use for cylinder 1.

not arguing or discrediting rogers but you dont HAVE to pull the valve cover. #1 is at the front and if you take off the oil cap you can see right in and see if both valves are closed. Saves you from having to get a new gasket or potentially breaking an old valve cover bolt.

fiftyfifty

Recruit

not arguing or discrediting rogers but you dont HAVE to pull the valve cover. #1 is at the front and if you take off the oil cap you can see right in and see if both valves are closed. Saves you from having to get a new gasket or potentially breaking an old valve cover bolt.

now see that is what im saying , everyone brings something to the table thanks again