1986 starcraft omc 3.0 no spark please help

viper2000675

Cadet
i have a 1986 starcraft with a omc 3.0 140hp 4cyc. just replaced starter this mornning. hooked water and started motor in driveway .then took boat out to the lake and run great, then motor stopped running. pulled boat back home to check out. no spark. points are new from last year. when i stored boat for winter it run great that summer. Why would my boat run great then just stop with no spark? could coil have gone bad? anyone have any ideals to what my be the prob. thanks

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1986 starcraft omc 3.0 no spark please help

i have a 1986 starcraft with a omc 3.0 140hp 4cyc. just replaced starter this mornning. hooked water and started motor in driveway .then took boat out to the lake and run great, then motor stopped running. pulled boat back home to check out. no spark. points are new from last year. when i stored boat for winter it run great that summer. Why would my boat run great then just stop with no spark? could coil have gone bad? anyone have any ideals to what my be the prob. thanks

Ayuh,.... That was last year,.... Not new anymore,... Put another set in, 'n you'll have yer spark...

viper2000675

Cadet
Re: 1986 starcraft omc 3.0 no spark please help

ok just for an update. i changed the points and i have spark. thank you so much. how do you happen to know the dwell and timming setting? i set the points at .022 as the dealer said. how i need to check the dwell and timming. thanks