Need help johnson/ evinrude 25

LA.RICH

Recruit
I now own a 1982 johnson j25rcnb tiller steer, electric start but manual choke. I need help trying to get some parts for carburetor. All info that i find is for electric choke models. Any info or pictures would be most help-full. I have already rebuilt the internal parts, but not sure about the linkage and choke operation thanks

Beek14

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Need help johnson/ evinrude 25

What parts do you need?

LA.RICH

Recruit

what parts do you need?
their seems to be some type of linkage between the throttle shaft and the choke shaft that's missing and not quite sure of how the choke is designed to work. All of the information i can find is on electric choke models . Thanks again.

Haffiman

Commander

Look at #57 on the link I posted above.

LA.RICH

Recruit

look at #57 on the link i posted above.

on that link the carb, is electric the electric model. I guess if marine engine doesn't have access to a part that its omitted from diagrams, on their site. You can notice no choke or throttle levers. That's why i'm looking for a photo,or complete manual choke diagram. After reading some post,members give great ideas, thanks to all.

Haffiman

Commander

In the parts lists below, what is specific for electric is noted, the rest are common. The only difference between the electric carb and manual is the operation of the choke butterfly. Remove the 'electric' parts and you have a manual one. The only manual part that is not listed there is the choke knob in lower cover that operates #23, but that knob you find here:
http://www.marineengine.com/parts/j...turer=Evinrude&section=Motor+Cover+-+Evinrude