Temperature switch - 1987 90HP Ev - how do you pull ( part # 0386686) ?

bang4dabuck

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was running too hot (around 220 per my added temp head senders), but they would not sound. I tested against block and they BOTH work electrically. I want to pull, clean up/examine and then test. What is the proper way to pull these out ?

BTW - in the water no problem but on muffs is the issue. I'm going to pull lower unit and change water tube grommet as well as check the condition of the water tube itself. I've already replaced everything else already !!!

thanks

JARED T

Seaman
Re: Temperature switch - 1987 90HP Ev - how do you pull ( part # 0386686) ?

i have a 40 johnson and i changed the temp sensor and the thermostat ,i just removed the cover thats the shape of the cylinder off and spring and thermostat poped out i disconnected the wire off the temp sensor and pulled it right out of its hole thermostat looked like crap but it still worked checked it in a boiling pot of water it opened up .installed everything and no more warning buzzer.

bang4dabuck

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Temperature switch - 1987 90HP Ev - how do you pull ( part # 0386686) ?

That sounds reasonable. When looking at a parts breakdown it insinuates it is in between the cylinder head and the head cover gasket/head cover. What sucks is I had the heads out not too long ago. I can tell you the temp senders DID NOT POP OUT !!!