96 Polaris 700 Hurricane wont run full throttle.. Please help!!!

308patrol

Recruit
Hey all... I desperately need help with my Polaris Hurricane... It starts, idles, runs and revs fine at home with the hose connected. As soon as its in the water it will idle, at slower rpm than on the trailer, but it will idle, and the only way to get it to move ( if it will move at all) is by feathering the throttle. Then if Im lucky with throttle full open, it doesnt misfire but it will only do about 2600rpm... Occasionally fires and brings my hopes up, but thats it. And then I make it corner, revs drop and it almost stalls, if I pull it out of the corner, revs gradually increase back to around 2600, it will idle, but wont rev again. Choke does nothing. This machine has recently had an ignition update, with new CDI, plug leads and plugs. Compression test is fine. Ive drained all fuel from the tank and replaced it. Ive checked or replaced all fuel lines and filters. Im running good quality oil mixed at 40:1 (oil injection has been removed). Seems to be a load issue, because when it gets airborne over a wave it revs, as well as on the trailer, its fine. Carby rebuild? Air leak? Not getting to running temp? I dont know... Any help I will love you forever!! Thanks

rcleary

Recruit
Re: 96 Polaris 700 Hurricane wont run full throttle.. Please help!!!

Hey all... I desperately need help with my Polaris Hurricane... It starts, idles, runs and revs fine at home with the hose connected. As soon as its in the water it will idle, at slower rpm than on the trailer, but it will idle, and the only way to get it to move ( if it will move at all) is by feathering the throttle. Then if Im lucky with throttle full open, it doesnt misfire but it will only do about 2600rpm... Occasionally fires and brings my hopes up, but thats it. And then I make it corner, revs drop and it almost stalls, if I pull it out of the corner, revs gradually increase back to around 2600, it will idle, but wont rev again. Choke does nothing. This machine has recently had an ignition update, with new CDI, plug leads and plugs. Compression test is fine. Ive drained all fuel from the tank and replaced it. Ive checked or replaced all fuel lines and filters. Im running good quality oil mixed at 40:1 (oil injection has been removed). Seems to be a load issue, because when it gets airborne over a wave it revs, as well as on the trailer, its fine. Carby rebuild? Air leak? Not getting to running temp? I dont know... Any help I will love you forever!! Thanks

Same problem here. Did you figure it out?:confused:

BlueFishCrisis

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 96 Polaris 700 Hurricane wont run full throttle.. Please help!!!

Rebuild your carbs with genuine OEM kits.......