Last year for Chrysler 15HP outboard

sjptak

Recruit
When was the last year they made a Chrysler (not Force) 15HP. I have a chance to buy one in really decent shape. It has the original prop with no dings. Everything looks good. This 75YO fella really took care of this thing. Alas, there is 5YO gas in the carb, so I doubt it'll start without a little (lot of) cleaning up. He's not sure of the year, only that he got a good deal since he bought it new the year after they stopped making them. I'll probably pick this motor up no matter what, but it would be nice to know what year it is. Thanks.

chrome dome

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Last year for Chrysler 15HP outboard

ya really need the serial number for a definite year,
but my clymers manual says they were made between '71-'73 and a longer run between '76 and '84

sjptak

Recruit
Re: Last year for Chrysler 15HP outboard

Nope. You've answered my question. I'm not really concerned with the exact year, but more what year they were last made. Remember, the fellow that owns this motor is 75 years old. He thinks he bought it, he said, maybe 15 years ago. LOL I know that's not possible. ;) I was just curious as to just how old it might be if he said he bought the last year they were made.

Thanks for the reply. It agrees with my google research.