not a question just a thought

timing_ca

Seaman Apprentice
Just thought I'd share this with the new boaters and the seasoned boaters who might of forgotten the first time they took there boat out. I've posted some on here with dumb questions as to the seasoned boater might think but to me they weren't, no biggy. Today was the day I finally took my 1st boat out...WOW ran for an hr,no problems....waited for something to happen...oil preasure good,steady at 50, temp. holding well, motor purring along at 2600 rpm, nothing going wrong but waiting....thinkin this is to good to be true after all the things that went wrong to get here.....you know the little things...you thinking this boat don't want me.....then this just a really good time. learning your boat. like the first time you put the drive down and gave it some throttle......the nose came up,up and you thought oh crap..then she settled down and planed...nothin like it. My boats 21ft Orlando Clipper,888 Mercruiser,1973 the 1st boat I've owned and can't wait to get in her again and do it again! thanks for your time and be safe have fun and enjoy!

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: not a question just a thought

You will get that thrill ever time, smiles.

64osby

Admiral

Timing - No such thing as a dumb question, just dumb answers.

:DNice to have that thrill. Congrats on your splash.:D I haven't had my big boat out this year but just looking at it makes me smile. Hoping this weekend.

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Awesome that you had such a great time. You have found your hobby - or rather it has found you.

I have had that same feeling many times over the 35 plus years I've been boating. Can't get enough. There have been some extra memorable moments for me - usually heading back to base, setting sun reflected in the spray kicked out over almost mirror-smooth water, engine humming, trimmed out perfect, boat perfectly balanced, helm responsive to the slightest nudge, wind warm in my face...

At those moments the same thought always comes to mind. “Now THIS, is good for the soul.”

Boat on, brothers, boat on.

kfa4303

Banned

Nothing like that fist time you get on plane and vroom-vroom into the sunset! Even better when you make it back to the dock ;)

haulnazz15

Captain

Yup, a sunrise or sunset on some glass-smooth water is definitely good for the soul. It's equally invigorating when you're slalom skiing in that same scenario! Can be easy to accomplish on week days, gets near impossible on the weekends, lol. Nothin' wrong with the pur of a 302!