SameThing 1998 Chev Van Limp Mode 5.7

dolluper

Captain
Un bieveable a Chev Van 5.7 new wires,plugs ,cap ,rotor,cam,sensor,crank sensor,coil .......runs like crap ....why .....limp mode .....on the scanner live data O2 sensors right ,fuel trim....high .lo right...timming right,firing right,evap right ,vacum right.....crank relearn done.....green connections at fuse box outter done......fuel pressure fine....filter changed ......all be before I saw it.....what is wrong I hid some info for learning purposses.......any guesses......other thread is a big time clue.....plus same thing

dolluper

Captain
Re: SameThing 1998 Chev Van Limp Mode 5.7

No GUESSES.....well live data showed it was 8c when it was 160F +on dash guage.....the reason why the difference is the CTS coolant temp sensor only has 2 wires doesn't go to dash just the computer... A 3 wire would go to the dash also this doesn't 2 wires......meaning the temp guage on the dash has a seperate sensor.....and shows actual temperature.....ifin it doesn't have a problem.......So the cts is the problem........green connections at sensor pigtail and sensor looks gunky.....fix replace both ....runs like a champ.........out of open loop>limp mode.....so fix your engine problems first......then the rest.....unless you have money to burn.....go for it....as you can see guessing can cost .......scan it at least and learn to read the info

dolluper

Captain
Re: SameThing 1998 Chev Van Limp Mode 5.7

yea but his problem continued and never posted back .....so we can guess its not fixed or junked by now ....who knows.....thats why it's nice if outcomes are posted,check the whole net they rearly are posted,most end in left or right field
It was this post I mean't 2000 buick century limp mode
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=540279