1995 70HP Force, won't start

Force39

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi, My 70hp Force had a new stator about 6-7 years ago. It was one of the dreaded "red" Merc stators. It won't start now and I see this stator is also red. It turns over well when trying to start, but won't start. I checked 2 of the 3 spark plugs and didn't see any spark. Then I took some ohm readings. The stator has 4 wires. 2 yellows (going to the voltage regulator) and a white/green and a green/white going to a part, #834949A3, that is called an adapter. Not sure if it was original or came with the new stator. The ohm reading across the 2 greens back to the stator showed "open". Individually to ground they both were also open. Across the yellows to the stator read 1 ohm and individually to ground they were both open.
Across the greens coming out of the adapter read 6.2 meg ohms and individually to gnd they both read 3.5 meg ohms.
Across the yellows out of the voltage regulator read 2 meg ohms. Also, I checked the kill switch and it didn't have any wires on it! Not sure what all this tells, but would appreciate any help.
Thanks, John