1979 Suzuki DT85 adjustments please help!

Dogpound13

Recruit
Hi all, I just got the carbs completely cleaned, (boy they were dirty) on my 1979 suzuki dt85. I don't have the book and don't have the money for it at this time but I'm really trying to have this thing running good by memorial day weekend. It fired right up after the carbs were cleaned but now I need to sync them and check timing and all the fun stuff that goes with a carb overhaul. If anyone has the book and could send me the sections I need in PDF I would be super stoked! It was my grandpa's old boat and he past away a little over a year ago so I can't go to him about this. I'd be real happy if I could get the entire book in PDF through email. This is my first boat motor that I've worked on and so far done alright without a book but now its time for a walk through if anyone can help with that or any suggestion to guide me through. I got about a week and a half to get it dialed in. Thank you!

Dogpound13

Recruit
Re: 1979 Suzuki DT85 adjustments please help!

I really need the lync and sync info, can anyone help? I can't go any further without it. There has got to be somebody that can help me out!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Apparently there are not many people out there with a 1979 DT85 and a service manual for one,
so you probably will need to find one

Dogpound13

Recruit

I was lucky enough to come up with some money to buy a book for the motor and it should be her Wednesday or Thursday. Cutting it close to my deadline so hopefully I will understand what the book says and get it dialed in. I'll post a response of what happens when I get it.