AQ225D Distributor advance curve

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer
I have a couple of Mallory distributors to use for this project engine.<br />1/ YL585 Points type to start up the engine on and a:<br />2/ 5048201H Magnetic assy to use when the engine is installed into the boat later.<br />Question is however where can I get an advance curve chart for my engine application so I can check the 50 series distributor and set the springs to equal the Volvo factory specs.<br />The Mallory spring kit #29014 contains enough springs to create many different curve profiles.<br />The YL585 unit is a Volvo unit for a AQ260 series 350 engine but I am not certain if in fact is correct anyway. <br />I do have access to a distributor test bench at my mates auto electic repair shop so I have resources to check everything is correct without any hit and miss.<br /><br />Regards.<br /><br />Peter

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: AQ225D Distributor advance curve

Can't you plot the curve on the current distributor and then modify the mallory to suit?

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer
Re: AQ225D Distributor advance curve

Yes Aldo,<br />But I'm not certain that it is correct anyway due to the condition it was when I got it.<br />It will do to start the engine on anyway.<br />What I would like is to know what the correct baseline is and work from there.<br /><br />Thanks though.<br /><br />Pete