Installed my kicker bracket

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Got my kicker bracket installed. Well actually it's currently just lag bolted but I'm going to pick up some stainless through-bolts over lunch today and replace them. The motor sticks out pretty far (wife thinks it's hideous) but I'm extremely pleased with both the up and the down position the motor ends up in. I think I actually may even be able to leave the motor in that "kinda tilted" position it's in in the picture underway without it dragging. I'll have to rig up an EZ Steer setup so I can steer it from the helm. I don't foresee adding remote controls because this motor needs to be able to be easily removed and put on my dad's little boat and I don't want to be having to undo control cables repeatedly.

IMG_20120515_183130.jpg

Only thing better than one ugly Evinrude is two!

I also mounted up my swim platform. No pics of that yet. The lower support bar for it is too long (must be designed for boats that are taller and/or have a deeper V) and will need to be cut down and re-crimped. Shouldn't be too big a deal. It will be really nice to have when it's completed. It's a sweet 2 step ladder model.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: Installed my kicker bracket

So, by my count that puts two boat pushers and one puller on your rig eh?

Maybe instead of mounting that swim platform you could install an Evinrude 50 over on that side just to cover all your hp ranges? You don't have to commit right now or anything.:p

The two ob's are cool side by side there:)

Krichbourg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looking good EZ. I have similar plans for my SS but haven't gotten any parts yet. Looking forward to seeing the final result. Did you buy new for your kicker bracket and swim platform or did you find something to make work?

dozerII

Admiral

Looks good EZ, nothing like covering all the bases for power option, two smoggers and a go green.:D

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander

IMGP0806.JPG This how I steer mine. Not set back like yours is.

FishNmemories

Petty Officer 1st Class

turned out good ez, I can't tell from the pic but is your kicker a short shaft? I picked up a kicker bracket from CL and afterwards realized the 15 hp was to toasty to use... looking for a replacement. But I will be mounting it on the other side as there is transducer mounted on that side.

64osby

Admiral

Looks nice ez. How are the plans for the garage extension coming?

Huron Angler

Admiral

Looks good, I have not seen a kicker bracket like that to my knowledge.

It that's all stainless then it should be perfect.:)

Any good places to troll for fish near you?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

That is a freaking 300.00 bracket...you know you stole it bro..lol