Maxum 2100 SR

Philster

Captain
Re: Maxum 2100 SR

Montery is a much better brand. Prices are influenced locally, but 14 grand for a Maxum like that and of that age? It does look nice w/ good power. 14k?

Meh.

Maxum = nice/decent. Newer Bayliners = nice/decent

Montery = nicer

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

The V8 in that size boat is a plus, the full fiberglass liner is a plus as is the custom covers. Should clean up nicely. I'm sure the 21' measurement includes that big swim step and sunpad area so you may find other 21' boat have more interior room. If the price is fair as compared to others you've seen for sale in your area, I'd say go for it.

mk4713

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats a great looking boat. Get a rug doctor on that carpet and get on the water!!!!!

Slide

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can't look at the CL ad as I'm at work, but for reference, we paid 12.5k for our 97 Maxum 2300SC, which is the next model up, in perfect working order with a good trailer. It's a great boat, but for a smaller bowrider I'd say you should be on the south side of 10k.

Philster

Captain

Yeah, it's all about price. It looks nice and is powered very nicely. Cant imagine anyone will disagree. You have to figure out if it is overpriced, and that is very regional.

They're gonna be building 2013 models soon, and she's a 2000. So 14k for a 13 year old 20' boat ... well, it could be worth it, but you have to look around your area to determine if it is priced right.

Nothing more anyone can say about the boat. We can't crawl on it, kick it, run it, do a compression check, check for gear slop, mechanical leaks, etc.

Also: As EZ pointed out: Liner = big plus. Keeps the structure dry = longevity

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Maxums were essentially the middle ground between the Bayliner and SeaRay lines. Brunswick discontinued the nameplate a few years back.

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Don't know much about the Maxum brand. Thoughts?

The others gave you feedback on where the brand basically fits and we are very happy with ours (it's only up for sale so we use the Sea Ray more INSTEAD of the Maxum) though it's not quite the same model as yours.

Though we all know NADA is a very general guideline, the boat you're looking at retails for around $10k so this guy must think he's just got the perfect boat that someone will be desperate enough to pay way too much for. As he states in the ad the price is "firm".

How long do you plan on keeping the boat you buy now?
Don't over pay as if in a year you want to move up, you'll be taking quite a loss most likely.

Mark

Jojadog

Cadet

Thanks for your input. We thought the price was on the high side, but it does seem to be in good condition for its age. We like the bigger engine, and as you guys have mentioned, the liner is a plus. I think we've decided to watch this one for now.