Suzuki Dt 140 wont fire

tpsball15

Cadet
Hello, I was running my DT140 yesterday and spraying carb cleaner in the carbs, ran it for a while and sprayed and sprayed the carbs, the motor stalled a few times as i sprayed too much, but fired right back up. This last time i sprayed it, the motor quit and wont fire back up at all. Changed the plugs and dumped out the filter and still nothing. Just checked and no spark, at least in the one cylinder. How can spraying carb cleaner into the carbs and choking the motor out cause it to not have spark? something is missing here. Is there a main fuse? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

tpsball15

Cadet
Re: Suzuki Dt 140 wont fire

Update, i just checked the kill switch, took the top off and pushed it down with a screwdriver and still nothing.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Spraying carb cleaner into a 2 stroke motor while running will toast the pistons and cylinders, it will not clean out passages and jets.
Test compression and spark with spark tester on all cylinders and then timing and fuel pressure
and clean the carbs properly if you are lucky enough to not have really screwed up the motor already

tpsball15

Cadet

Ok, besides me being a moron for spraying carb cleaner, what should i be looking at that would cause no spark at all. I did check and all 4 cyl and no spark. Just wondering if there is some easy checks? Thanks