Head replacement

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Decided to probably go to GM Direct for the heads......don't want to take a chance on ebay for that kind of $.<br /><br />Having problem finding the head gaskets in different thicknesses......<br /><br />Bondo, any help here?

DHPMARINE

Captain
Re: Head replacement

I'm having trouble finding them as well.What are you trying to adjust or change ?<br /><br />DHP

FreeBeeTony

Captain

looking to adjust the quench to close to 0.040<br /><br />looking for a gasket ~0.020 thick.......

Bondo

Staff member

I Guess I should have Saved to Favorites All those places I went the other night..........<br /><br />I Googled up Vortec Heads,....... Then tried some of the names I came across,... MrGasket,.. Cometic,..Fel-Pro,...<br /><br />Alot of them had .016 Shim gaskets,....<br /><br />1 of them had an .018 Composite gasket,...... That's the 1 You Need Tony.........

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

.004" s not really enough to sweat.<br />the average human hair is .oo3".

Bondo

Staff member

Tony,..... I'm headed to work, Now......<br /><br />Tonite,.. I'll try to rerun a search,+ See if I can find the gaskets I found the other nite........<br /><br />Those .018s would be Perfect,......... .043 Quench,.... Absolutely Perfect,.......... ;)