perfect pass? or other cruise control system?

jt1989

Cadet
Hello again,
I finally have my project completed (ya right), and now want to add some ballast's and a cruise control system, as I primarily wakeboard. What is the best system to go with. I know perfect pass is a popular name with this subject but what other systems should I look into? My boat is a 1984 ski centurion tru trac. I have a wakeboard tower, tower speakers and all that...I just dropped the 383 stroker in the boat. It is carb not fuel injected. Is that going to make a difference with what system to purchase?
Thanks in advance!

haulnazz15

Captain
Re: perfect pass? or other cruise control system?

PerfectPass is pretty much the standard anymore. They have systems for carb and fuel injection, so that's a non-issue. Zero-Off was another system, but goes about it in a different fashion. I'd just go with PP if you think you need it.

mikeneal

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I installed PP on my 20' bow rider and best $ you will spend on your boat. Call folks at perfect pass directly, Thierry tech support is awesome.

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade

PerfectPass is my recommendation. I would get the Stargazer GPS model. Zero Off is a good system but will not work on your boat. It needs a drive by wire throttle system. There is a new company out of Texas called Hydrophase that has a system now. I have heard that it works well but have not seen one installed.