Help please---- please please rescue Sweet Pea!!!

Soons

Recruit
I have a Mercury xr120 Jet boat that I rescued and when I got it the motor and impellor were in bad shape. I love this little boat and sadely after five years it has not seen water... I have been told I need a thrust washer which is no longer available. The part number is 828917. I have been told to check salvage yards or try to find a blown motor for sale. When I call Mercury they have no information or help for me. Does anyone have any information that would be helpful to me? I would greatly appreciate it.... I have been looking and calling but all anyone tells me is how hard it is to get parts for this boat...I am not willing to give up yet! :(

Oode

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Help please---- please please rescue Sweet Pea!!!

Somewhere here in the archives there is a write up about building up the old wear ring with JB Weld. I don't remember where, but if you search for wear ring and JB weld it should come up. Keep the faith!!

Soons

Recruit
Re: Help please---- please please rescue Sweet Pea!!!

:redface:Oh thank you for your reply. I will look, I don't have an old one though... I will still look for the posts. Thanks for your support and suggestion...Soons