1957 StarCraft Speedster (12ft.) Deep V

Hey Guys, Hello To All
Once apon a time, I was driven down the road going home and I saw a free sign on a boat and trailer Aug 2012...This is where it all begins for me and my journey tring to find out that she was and how to get her back in the water. I thought I would work on her during the winter months here in Minnesota, but one thing stopped me was no HEAT in the garage.(Bummer). So I did my home work on the ol'computer and found out what she was "1957 Starcraft Speedster" and to say the least I was surprizes of the year!!! I was not even born by then. She has been threw hell and back not to good of a looker then. For this year i just want to get her in the water, so I did just enough so this can happen, I do not know if she can float but i'm going to launch her anyway. Heres my PROBLEM I'm having now...One Port-Aft Transom (One Star Design) and Bow Bracket(Double Star Design) is missing from the getgo. I do have Starboard-Aft Transom it has one Star design.I have been looking everywhere can anyone Help!! Thanks Guys. I'll Post some Pic to this point.

Attachments

• Rigth Stern Transome Bracket.JPG
    Rigth Stern Transome Bracket.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Aug1-1.jpg
    Aug1-1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Aug1-2.JPG
    Aug1-2.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 1957 Cat#5.jpg
    1957 Cat#5.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 3

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Re: 1957 StarCraft Speedster (12ft.) Deep V

Cool little boat..
Those old star caps are pretty much like hens teeth..
Good luck!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That's a cool little boat there, fit for a restoration:D

I almost grabbed a Speed Queen a while back. I think the coolest piece of that boat would have been the beautiful wood gunwales.

Hens teeth might be an easier find than that transom cap, sorry man. Keep looking, they are out there!:D

STARCRAFT16SS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Where you are located in Minnesota...you might give Twin City Outboard a call...they have a small area of used boat parts...
you might luck out... 952-496-1951

barato2

Commander

me, i'd pull the remaining one, sell it for hen's teeth prices to fund the resto, and then have Michael make me up rear caps and a local sheet metal place make bow cap....not period correct but they'd all match

Hey Guys, Bear Here
The Twin CitysGuy gave me a pretty good lead in Wisconson be calling all day...Shoot...No luck maybe better fishing tomorrow!!!
Thanks for all the Info
Very Respectfully

halfmoa

Ensign

me, i'd pull the remaining one, sell it for hen's teeth prices to fund the resto, and then have Michael make me up rear caps and a local sheet metal place make bow cap....not period correct but they'd all match

Now there's an idea!