1980 cuddy w manifold leak/some floor weakness

jmillski

Cadet
Hello everyone- I'm new to the boat buying world and am looking for a starter priced fixer upper cuddy. I've found a nice 24' century 6000 1980 that's going for a pretty low price. It has a water leak in the starboard manifold however and a some slight floor softness. I can't afford much, don't mind a few needed repairs, and am looking for only a few years out of a boat until I finish residency and get a salary. Anyone have any opinions on what kind of repairs this thing might need and if it might be a worthy buy? Thanks!

rickryder

Commander
Re: 1980 cuddy w manifold leak/some floor weakness

Pretty much a soft deck could mean a complete resto.....stringers,transom,bulkheads and deck.... Just look at some resto threads like mine below and you'll get the picture....My boat only had a few soft spots on the deck :facepalm:

jmillski

Cadet
Re: 1980 cuddy w manifold leak/some floor weakness

Wow that looked like an adventure. Unfortunately ( evidently) I put in a bid for 2000 and am still highest bidder w it ending tonight. So I guess here we go.....

With soft spots, how long could we last without repair or would it need immediate fix? My goal is to get something or thenext three years until I get can afford an upgrade. Thanks!