Coolant Drain Hoses, Mercruiser 3.0

ASEAudie

Seaman
Does anyone know the proper hookup on these blue hoses?
Right now 1 is quick coupler connected to the block and the other is quick coupler connected to the exhaust, so where do the loose ends connect?
I test ran it and before long; warm water was entering the hull from the loose end.
Thanks

ASEAudie

Seaman
Re: Coolant Drain Hoses, Mercruiser 3.0

Nevermind, I found my answer on the thread titled "Block Draining"
Gotta love this forum.

Bondo

Staff member

Nevermind, I found my answer on the thread titled "Block Draining"
Gotta love this forum.

Ayuh,.... Did I mention in that thread 'bout rippin' that Junk off yer motor, before it co$t$ ya a Cracked block,..??

A simple brass drain plug allows ya to poke a screw or nail in the hole, to knock the crud out that builds up there....
Then the water flows out...

With that Crap on yer motor, ya open it, see abit of water, then Pray it's ALL out....

ASEAudie

Seaman

Ayuh,.... Did I mention in that thread 'bout rippin' that Junk off yer motor, before it co$t$ ya a Cracked block,..??

A simple brass drain plug allows ya to poke a screw or nail in the hole, to knock the crud out that builds up there....
Then the water flows out...

With that Crap on yer motor, ya open it, see abit of water, then Pray it's ALL out....

Actually it is not mine, I have only seen the petcock drains until this one. A guy brings it to me and tells me the story of how it was in a storm and on its side with wave after wave entering the boat, he claims to have drained all the fluids and replaced them and still could not get it to run right.
I found an unacceptable amount of fuel in the tank, I removed the top portion of the carb. And found water in it as well as what appeared to be real fine sand and brownish jelly looking substance. I found a carb. Gasket set locally and R&R carb. For tear down and clean, siphoned all liquid from fuel cell, replaced starter motor because it was toast! Oil looks fine as for now, will run this thing before lunch on Monday to see if it is feeling better.

ASEAudie

Seaman

Actually it is not mine, I have only seen the petcock drains until this one. A guy brings it to me and tells me the story of how it was in a storm and on its side with wave after wave entering the boat, he claims to have drained all the fluids and replaced them and still could not get it to run right.
I found an unacceptable amount of fuel in the tank, I removed the top portion of the carb. And found water in it as well as what appeared to be real fine sand and brownish jelly looking substance. I found a carb. Gasket set locally and R&R carb. For tear down and clean, siphoned all liquid from fuel cell, replaced starter motor because it was toast! Oil looks fine as for now, will run this thing before lunch on Monday to see if it is feeling better.

I meant to say that I found an unacceptable amount of Water in the tank.

ASEAudie

Seaman

I just want to say that after the fuel tank was completely cleaned, the carb. Was cleaned and new gasket set, the starter was replaced, this thing ran really good and had an incredible throttle response. I think the customer will be pleased.