need help switching 704 binnacle control

kp06

Recruit
hello,i have a 1992(i think) 225 yamaha outboard which came with a top mount 704 binnacle control.my problem is that the boat is set up to use a side mount control,what iam trying to find out is if there is a 704 side mount or another control that can be used instead.i have a 703 control but with no tilt button and dont know if it would work.thanks for any info, kevin.

marbleheadchrs

Recruit
Re: need help switching 704 binnacle control

hello,i have a 1992(i think) 225 yamaha outboard which came with a top mount 704 binnacle control.my problem is that the boat is set up to use a side mount control,what iam trying to find out is if there is a 704 side mount or another control that can be used instead.i have a 703 control but with no tilt button and dont know if it would work.thanks for any info, kevin.

Hello, I have just the reverse issue, bought a 1993 Yamaha 150 HP, came with right side gunnel mount, but I need top mount binnacle with ignition switch...for center console. Possible trade?

Re: need help switching 704 binnacle control

this is what you need and you still use the key switch from the existing binnacle control

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-new-Y..._Parts_Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1076