Who needs a truck?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Re: Who needs a truck?

Damn, where are the cops ?

I have actually seen this here in Montana, when I inquired at the sheriffs office about it, they told me as long as the ladder is not protruding beyond the lane lines and they are in their lane, there have not broken any laws..

Go figure!

RogersJetboat454

Commander

Damn, where are the cops ?

Probably at a road construction detail somewhere playing with their phone. There is a state police barracks on this road. Quite sure if a statie saw that, the guy would have been yanked over.

The stupid thing is I know for a fact that car comes equipped with 60/40 flip down rear seats. He could have flipped down the seats, and stuck it through the trunk. It may not have accommodated the whole ladder, but the foot or so hanging out of the back of the trunk would have been allot safer then this arrangement.

aspeck

Staff member

I should have thought of that in Ghana before we purchased the truck! Wouldn't have scratched the roof of the car up as much! LOL!

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Proves two things in my mind. All rednecks don't have pickup trucks, and Russia has rednecks too. LOL

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Probably at a road construction detail somewhere playing with their phone. There is a state police barracks on this road. Quite sure if a statie saw that, the guy would have been yanked over.

The stupid thing is I know for a fact that car comes equipped with 60/40 flip down rear seats. He could have flipped down the seats, and stuck it through the trunk. It may not have accommodated the whole ladder, but the foot or so hanging out of the back of the trunk would have been allot safer then this arrangement.

60/40 flip downs in a lada???

NYET, dumskie ruskie, nastrovia comrade!

Maclin

Admiral

I am pretty sure even in Russia that is a ticket!

And the car with the ladder here in the states, pretty sure vision blockage is in play regarding ticketable status.

Philster

Captain

In India, they might be the safest things you'll see!

R Socey

Chief Petty Officer

I have actually seen this here in Montana, when I inquired at the sheriffs office about it, they told me as long as the ladder is not protruding beyond the lane lines and they are in their lane, there have not broken any laws..

Go figure!
If it were me - tickets for sure; I would deserve them.

For sure.

I should have thought of that in Ghana before we purchased the truck! Wouldn't have scratched the roof of the car up as much! LOL!
Yea :facepalm:

Proves two things in my mind. All rednecks don't have pickup trucks, and Russia has rednecks too. LOL
Sagacious observations! Thanks for the chuckle :)

I am pretty sure even in Russia that is a ticket!

And the car with the ladder here in the states, pretty sure vision blockage is in play regarding ticketable status.
I don't know about Russia?

In India, they might be the safest things you'll see!
After watching Deadliest roads, I can believe that.