Wiring control box on 1963 johnson 40hp electramatic

mk4713

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does anyone have info or intel on the wiring to an electramatic throttle control box. I know there would be a forward wire , reverse wire, and some sort of hot wire. The diagrams I've found online don't seem to explain this part of the wiring. If my switch is bad i would like to wire a toggle switch but not sure which wires coming from motor do what. I know You guys have tons of wisdom to share.....
Thanks, Mike

mk4713

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Wiring control box on 1963 johnson 40hp electramatic

Does anyone have info or intel on the wiring to an electramatic throttle control box. I know there would be a forward wire , reverse wire, and some sort of hot wire. The diagrams I've found online don't seem to explain this part of the wiring. If my switch is bad i would like to wire a toggle switch but not sure which wires coming from motor do what. I know You guys have tons of wisdom to share.....
Thanks, Mike

Update: My control box is empty, no switch. So I thinking of aquiring a evinrude push button electric control box. So If anyone has suggestions on how to wire it up let me know. Im gonna test the forward and reverse shifting this weekend to make sure i'm not beating a dead horse.