What would this 1963 17' Sea Ray be worth?

Alwhite00

Master Chief Petty Officer
Guy I work with bought this from the original owner a few years back - PO only had it in the water 2 times, His wife hated it & he stored it untill my co-worker bought it. Been in the water a few times since purchase. The plastic was still on the seats when my co-worker got it. 50 HP Johnson (1958???)

He is looking for offers but I am curious what this thing would be worth.

LK

63-5-1.jpg

63-4-1.jpg

63-3-1.jpg

63-2-1.jpg

63-1-1.jpg

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: What would this 1963 17' Sea Ray be worth?

800 ish

Alwhite00

I made the pics easier to see.

LK

oops!

Supreme Mariner

really nice boat.

i wish boats were like cars,,,,,,where the vintage ones go up in price.....but they dont.
very very few boats of that age have any value at all.
that one has some value. its pristine.......but the price might go as high as a grand.....but it depends on the market and the buyer.

Alwhite00

Anyone else have an idea on price?

LK

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

This is one of those things where its only worth what someone is willing to pay... The right buyer who has some sort of attachment to this particular boat or one like it might pay a premium, otherwise its value is just like any other fiberglass runabout from that era. Obviously its in good shape and original so its worth a little extra.

Any numbers we throw at you will just be educated guesses, but with that said, I'll say that if you put that on craigslist around these parts you could probably get around $1500; theres a decent market for antique and vintage boats in the thousand islands area.

southkogs

Staff member

I agree, somewhere between $800 & $1,500 depending on where you are and who you come across. It's a great looking boat, and would be loads of fun to have. But it's not like a classic original car. The value just doesn't hold.

dlngr

Chief Petty Officer

Looks nice,but being such an old rig,I couldn't see more than about $1000.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

$1500 if it runs like a top... If the engine spits and sputters and barely runs on one cylinder, its going to be under $1000.

Like everyone else mentioned, old boats, especially fiberglass, RARELY go up in value. Although I have to admit, fix up that trailer and find an old restored jeep wagoneer that matches it, and that would be an amazingly beautiful rig!

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

If it was mine $3k is the least I would take for it, and I may never sell it... but if you look around, you'll see you don't get much for $3k these days. There's someone out there that would be willing to pay 3k for that boat... but it may take a while to find them.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

And like any other thing sitting around creates its own set of problems. To get it back in good working order it will take a good bit of time and work to find replacment items

sam60

Captain

Why not ask Sea Ray how much they would give you for it? It would look cool in their lobby.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

And like any other thing sitting around creates its own set of problems. To get it back in good working order it will take a good bit of time and work to find replacment items

Based on the pictures, I don't see many replacement items it needs?

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class

Based on the pictures, I don't see many replacement items it needs?

If it runs well and has no issues, I would think you would get more than a grand for it. Hell I'd probably buy that just for the cool factor for that much.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

If it runs well and has no issues, I would think you would get more than a grand for it. Hell I'd probably buy that just for the cool factor for that much.

I agree, that is a hell of a nice vintage boat, that if true that is has been parked for this long, I would have to say, it is quite a find..

Alwhite00

He has had it out a few times since buying it from the original owner, Said it runs fine. It's registered through 2013 - He just does not find the time to use it now.

LK