1984 150 Black Max bleed line diagram

Hey I tossed some new reeds in my 1984 150 Black Max (ser # 6455211), but I didn't pay tons of attention to the bleed lines because I noticed a diagram in my manual. But now I'm putting it back together, but the diagram I have must be for another v6. It shows a valve on cylinder 3, but there's not one there. I have the plate off and I looked everywhere. It said to connect A to A, B to B...etc, but I have letters on my reed block and numbers on the cylinders. There's also no letter E? Does anyone have a diagram better then my hunkajunk? :(:(

Re: 1984 150 Black Max bleed line diagram

Wow thanks Fazt, but I may have an oddball motor. I have a fitting on cyl 2, and only one on my airbox. I whipped up a drawing. I'll see if I can attach it....somehow. Geesh I'll just draw it on here and put X's for fittings. The fitting between C & D is smaller then the others

cyl fittings carbs cyl fittings

X1 XB XF X2

3 XC X XD X4

X5 XA X6

AIRBOX
X

Dang it compacted my post. I'll see if I can attach my original drawing again. My whole day's been one prob after another. Gotta love it:facepalm:

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Your motor is a normal 5 line bleed system with a 6th vac line to air box.
Look at pic above only line missing is cyl#2 to carb/reed #5.All other lines are correct.
Ive got the same setup on my 88 V6 and diagram in service manual dated back to 1983.
Cylinder to Reed as follows.
c1-r4,c2-r5,c4-r1,c5-r2,c6-r3 plus fitting just left of r4 to airbox fitting.
Paul.

Ok it sounds like you're saying the reed valves are numbered 1-5. left to right, top to bottom...correct? Mine has the letters A, B, C, D, and F next to them....no E.
The manual the guy gave me who I bought the boat off of is a Seloc Mariner Outboard 1977-1989. Should I think about investing in a better one? Or is this usually pretty good? My next move is going to be a link and sync. I hope all the info is right !
Thanks a boatload for the info !

Carl

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Reeds are numbered to coincide with cylinders.1,3,5 cyl and reed are starboard side top to bottom.2,4,6 are port side top to bottom.
I only use Mercury service Manual.I think the others generalise too much.

j_martin

Admiral

We use Seloc manuals in the back house.
Rule of thumb. A bleed line goes from a reed block to the opposite cylinder in the firing order.
Vertical reed engines, reed blocks and fittings are directly in front of the cylinder it feeds.
Horizontal reed engines, the reed block is on the other side, feeds across the engine.

1 line is skipped on some engines.