looking for Quaker State oil filter # for my 91 3.0 alpha 1 gen 2

caddylover

Seaman Apprentice
can anyone tell me what the Quaker State oil filter # is for my engine. Or if there is a cross reference guide available, please let me know.

thx in advance.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: looking for Quaker State oil filter # for my 91 3.0 alpha 1 gen 2

can anyone tell me what the Quaker State oil filter # is for my engine. Or if there is a cross reference guide available, please let me know.

thx in advance.

Nope,... But it's the same oil filter that Chevy has been puttin' on the SBCs, since they've had an oil filter....

RogersJetboat454

Commander

Just out of curiosity, why must it be a Quaker State oil filter? You do realize Quaker State doesn't make their own filters, so the filter you're buying from them is a relabeled filter from another manufacturer (most likely Champion labs), right?

If you must, I believe the correct Quaker State filter number is QS30.

(Please compare any filter you buy to the one on your engine, the sealing ring should be the same diameter, and obviously make sure it threads on with out issues)

If you find your self looking at any other filter brands on the shelf;

WIX 51069
Purolator L20049
AC Delco PF454
NAPA 7099

All fine filters. Stay away from the F-word branded filters, you know the ones in the orange box with the brilliant marketing team, and the sub-par construction. ;)

Bondo

Staff member

WIX 51069
Purolator L20049
AC Delco PF454
NAPA 7099

Ayuh,.... I'm guessin' those hi-lighted are different length filters,..??

Napa filters are re-badged Wix filters,... Some of the Best...
Anyways,...
The Napa numbers should be the same as the last 4 digits of the Wix numbers...
For the same exact filters anyways,...

caddylover

Seaman Apprentice

thanks for the quick replies. No particular reason for the QS filters other than there is a promotion for a free oil filter when buying a gallon of QS oil.

I hear ya on the F filters. Had issues using them on my Z71 truck. I have a NAPA down the road from me here and will pick one of those up.

I can use the longer filter without issue?

Bondo

Staff member

thanks for the quick replies. No particular reason for the QS filters other than there is a promotion for a free oil filter when buying a gallon of QS oil.

I hear ya on the F filters. Had issues using them on my Z71 truck. I have a NAPA down the road from me here and will pick one of those up.

Ayuh,... Sure,... so long as ya got the clearance in the motorbox...

RogersJetboat454

Commander

The AC Delco big truck filter is PF1218, NAPA equivalent is a 1060 or a 21060