1972 Sea King

acasasola

Recruit
I was given a 1972 Sea King, which what appears to be a 55hp Sea King motor. I am trying to find any documentation on this vessel, owner's manual, etc. I would also like some help finding parts and accessories for this, like a replacement canopy, snap on covers, etc. This boat is in excellent condition except for the covers and canopy. Pictures available: Click Here . Click on any picture to begin slideshow. If anyone owns a Sea King and can help me I would appreciate it.<br /><br />Al

Drowned Rat

Captain
Re: 1972 Sea King

Hi alfie. Welcome to iboats. Those canopy covers can be hard to come by. I have a '74 SeaKing with a cracked hood and I ended up having to just fix it as best I could because I couldn't find one. Keep and eye on ebay. They pop up there every now and then. Twin city ouboards is an excellent source for these motors or anywhere you can find Chrysler parts as this is what you have. Good luck. Let me know if I can help further.<br /><br />The Rat.

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: 1972 Sea King

Alfie <br />Welcome aboard iboats<br /><br />
like a replacement canopy, snap on covers, etc.
Go to a couple boat dealers and ask them who they use for their canvas work. Then go see the guys/gals with the boat in tow and they will give you all the options etc etc. Also don't be afraid of the guy who works out of his garage either. In my area we have several guys who do as much business from home as the guys on the water front.<br /><br />And everything will be brand new and fit right.<br />Plus you will se samples of the work and its just fun! :) <br /><br />Another plus is that the support systems (Tubing) used today is larger in size than back in 72 and all replacement parts you can just buy new as needed.<br /><br />Luck to ya <br />Link