1961 Cherokee

Hello All,

Does anyone know where to find information on a 1961 Cherokee 16' Deep V? In particular, I need to get a capacity plate. I live in PA and was wondering if the fish commision would issue one. Have searched online and no luck on finding info on this boat. Saw a rehab picture of one on a previous thread but thats all have found thus far.

Re: 1961 Cherokee

thanks Lieutenant,

was able to send for a capacity plate issued by the pa fish and boat commission for $5.00 but have had no luck on finding info on the boat.

1BadTitan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just went through this about 2 months ago. I have a 1960 14' Elgin. I applied for a capacity plate and the PFBC sent my money back saying a boat that old didnt require one and is "grandfathered" in. Just leave the section blank for the cap plate info on the REV-336 and they take care of the rest. PM me if you have any questions, what I went through is still fresh in my head... It was easy.

Already sent my check in so I will see what happens. From the sound of things, I will be getting it back if older boats aren't required to have a capacity plate. Have had the boat out 4 times this year so I'm not really woried about it. I just wanted to avoid a fine if I ran into the pfbc. Better safe than sorry. Thanks for the reply.