1999 200hp optimax problems

captbone

Recruit
okay, here is what has been going on since febuary. First, the motor would surge above 3000rpms. changed water pump,impeller,plugs, seperator filters, lower unit oil, all the regular maintenance. Ran after maintenance and still surges but now intermittent. Checked fuel lines (Gray) and found chunks of inner line in VST tank and fuel seperator. cleaned and replaced lines and bulb. Cranked up on hose and idled perfect. Ran boat and continues to surge. Checked tracker valve and looks great, checked fuel regulator/air diaphrams and fine. cleaned fuel rails. Did not see anymore pieces of fuel lines anywhere. Ran the other day and idled fine but when I gave it gas to plane it sputtered and died. Heard a knocking noise in the front air plum. Shut it off and fired it back up and idled perfect with no noise. idled back to launch. Hooked hose up to troubleshoot and it want crank. It spins over fine but want crank. Heard air escaping in the port fuel rail air regulator. Depressed shrader valve on starboard side and fuel shot out but the port rail nothing? Any suggestions before I take it in? Both batteries are fully charged and holding 14volts on the gps.I did check fuel pumps and both are working fine. I am stumped!