Ranger livewell problems

trooperrock

Cadet
I have a 1986 Ranger 375V. Front and rear live wells. There are two switches underneath the throttle control that say fill and empty. When I switch it to fill, it does not fill all the way and when the pump is turned on, it never fills all the way. What is happening here and are there any web sites explaining what happens where I can't see. Any help appreciated. Ramrod, found the fuse in the engine compartment, Thanks again.

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Ranger livewell problems

Its really hard to tell what system you have with out looking at it. It seems Ranger, like most, changed there livewells yearly, like I change underwear. The Ranger I had, (earlier than yours, Had a heater type control in it that when open it would fill part way, and then you had to close it and fill it the rest of the way with the fresh water pump.<br /><br />Oh, welcome to the forums, and keep posting. There are a few Bass Boaters here. :D

tailfin10

Cadet

Trooperrock,<br /> The "switches" you refer too are actually<br />levers operating cables which switch the position<br />of valves located in the stern bilge. In fill<br />position they allow water too flow into the wells. The depth will be determined by the depth<br />the boat is setting in the water (draft).The more<br />weight you have in the boat the more water in the wells. When you kick on the pump water should<br />fill to the overflow stand pipe,the pipe should drain water at the same rate it is being pumped<br />in thereby determining the water level.Its the way my Ranger works I think yours is the same. Call Ranger if you need to , they should help you.

D

DJ

Ditto, tailfin10.<br /><br />They will only fill to the top of the standpipes.<br /><br />Not unlike a toilet tank.