Can't believe this!

5150abf

Vice Admiral
In Indiana our fishing liceances expire at the end of April, I am at the computer and I have some time so I go ahead and get my new liceance on April 19th, 2 weeks early, no need to worry about that now.

We get out to fish last night and had been out for maybe 30 minutes and a water cop pulls up, I get out my newly purchased liceance and he hands it back "This is last years", no problem, probably threw the wrong one away but I keep one in my wallet too so I hand him that "This is last years too, can you read?".

I point out that I just bought it 3 weeks ago and he goes "Ohh, this again".

Turns out that you can only get a new liceance after the old one expires so I actually paid 18 bucks for a liceance I already had that was good for 2 weeks, he was super cool and let us fish the rest of the night but I am not really happy.

I will try calling them monday but I am pretty sure how that will go, what a rip off, Just glad I didin't get my wife one to or I would be in $80 for liceances this year.

Vent complete.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Can't believe this!

I feel your pain..... this year I was at wally world and purchased my license the day before trout season......

I got a PANIC call from wally world asking me to come back....... they failed to fill in the agents portion of the license so what I had carried was illegal :facepalm:

I got it fixed but just a PITA

Chip Chester

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would have told wally world what dock I was at, and they'd better get there quick or else they'd be looking at a citation or agent revocation from the DNR folks :) But that's just me...

Chip

Davem3

Chief Petty Officer

Kinda similar here, except that Mass decided to have the entire licensing system go on-line for now on................

It is actually CHEAPER to go to wally world for the bleeping license , than just do it your self on the interwebz..........

there are only 3 problems with this system:

1) wally world employees are clueless on how to do this.........

2) they have to use a archaic computer system that is probably required by the An** commonwealth .......

and 3 no one at wally world knew WTH was going on, i ended up showing them what to do after some searching and hunt and pecking in the system, what a bloody nightmare.........

I really cannot wait to have to re-register my boat next year...............oh joy!!!!!

the only light at the end of the tunnel is that we renew fishing in January:rolleyes:, trailers in November:mad: and boats in May:eek:

Last edited:

bassman284

Commander

In Indiana our fishing liceances expire at the end of April, I am at the computer and I have some time so I go ahead and get my new liceance on April 19th, 2 weeks early, no need to worry about that now.

We get out to fish last night and had been out for maybe 30 minutes and a water cop pulls up, I get out my newly purchased liceance and he hands it back "This is last years", no problem, probably threw the wrong one away but I keep one in my wallet too so I hand him that "This is last years too, can you read?".

I point out that I just bought it 3 weeks ago and he goes "Ohh, this again".

Turns out that you can only get a new liceance after the old one expires so I actually paid 18 bucks for a liceance I already had that was good for 2 weeks, he was super cool and let us fish the rest of the night but I am not really happy.

I will try calling them monday but I am pretty sure how that will go, what a rip off, Just glad I didin't get my wife one to or I would be in $80 for liceances this year.

Vent complete.

Wow! That is sly! Gotta say, the Great State of Iowa won't pull that crap on you. Maybe time to consider a move.

Sounds like your water cop has seen this before.

Thalasso

Commander

Well i won't have that problem. I am getting my Senior Citizens forever liscense.One time only

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well i won't have that problem. I am getting my Senior Citizens forever liscense.One time only

One of the few benefits of getting old. Free and mine expires in 2098. Hope there isn't a long line when I renew.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Indiana used to have a lifetime fishing, which I wish I had bought, now it isn't offered, I did get my lifetime carry permit though before they quit having those.

It is only 18 bucks so it really isn't a big deal it just burned my bottom that they would even make it possible to do that, oh well they are gonna get it one or another.

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer

I thought that was the case here--but last year I went to get a new license and the feller said he could make the date start when my other one expired? thought is was strange but sure enough when he printed it off it started the day after my old one expired--was very strange.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I bought my Alabama lifetime fishing license for $100 back in 1989, haven't had to worry about keeping up with a date or buying a license since... and I've been fishing for FREE for the last 13 years.

The same lifetime license costs $600 now... one of the best investments I ever made.

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer

I bought my Alabama lifetime fishing license for $100 back in 1989, haven't had to worry about keeping up with a date or buying a license since... and I've been fishing for FREE for the last 13 years.

The same lifetime license costs $600 now... one of the best investments I ever made.

showoff:) jk--I would love to get mine--but sure enough if I did I'd be in another state shortly after (that would be my luck)

fishrdan

Admiral

I bought my Alabama lifetime fishing license for $100 back in 1989........

:eek:

NV's fishing licenses;
$29 license
$10 trout stamp
$10 second rod stamp
$3 Colorado river stamp

$52 for 1 year :rolleyes:

(I ditched the trout stamp this year...)

chriscraft254

Commander

Not only that, in indiana and kentucky on the same ohio river, I need both states licences so I can fish both banks, rediculous!!!