Computer Programs Help needed

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
So I have started my own business. Slowly growing it to the point i now need help with keeping the books. I have a handy man business where i also provide lawn service, auto repair, and trailer repair. I have all my forms designed in MS Publisher. Currently i have to hand write all my receipts and I would like to be able to write them on the computer and hit print where they will print in the correct columns and also total as required. I need it to be able to figure any discounts and also figure the sales tax and put all amounts in the correct columns on my forms. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish what i want????

coastalrichard

Lieutenant
Re: Computer Programs Help needed

Harritwo, you can achieve what you want with MS Publisher along with some other MS products, provided you have them, namely Excel and Access (spreadsheet and database programs). It's not tough if you're familiar with the programs and how they work together. As an alternative, you may want to consider getting something like "Money-Small Business" or another accounting program as they will do what you need and also be able to integrate to the forms you already have. Good Luck!

southkogs

Staff member
Re: Computer Programs Help needed

Quickbooks is another you can look at.