Summerization problem. Need help.

G22inSC

Seaman
Pulled the boat out of the garage to start for the first time and prepare for the summer. Did all the routine checkups and finally put the hose to the foot and turned the key. Started easier than I was expecting with a lot of smoke from the winter fogging oil. Let it run up to temp then started looking for leaks from the prior seasons draining. I noticed the plastic blue drain plug under the starboard heat exchanger (old bat wings unfortunately) had a slight drip every few seconds. I attempted to turn it a slight bit to tighten up; however, it must have had a small crack and fell into my hand with the rushing water coming out of the manifold. How do I fix this. Is there some way to remove the part that is left in the metal elbow or is it easier to just replace the elbow (if that is possible). Tried a search but could not locate anything. Please help. The wife and kids were wanting to go out on the next open weekend we aren't working.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Summerization problem. Need help.

How do I fix this. Is there some way to remove the part that is left in the metal elbow or is it easier to just replace the elbow (if that is possible). Tried a search but could not locate anything.

Ayuh,.... The elbow fitting, 'n drain plug gotta come from Mercruiser I believe,...

It should be an easy fix...

G22inSC

Seaman

Found the elbow kit (22-862210A01) that includes the elbow, plug and o-ring. I decided to go ahead and remove the elbow and go from there. New problem...the elbow is plastic and also broke off. There is about 1" of plastic threads in the bottom of the exhaust manifold that I have no idea how to remove. Any suggestions?

G22inSC

Seaman

Thinking of possibly replacing the exhaust with the current 2 piece design. I know everyone says to stay away from GLM so what is recommended. I think I put all the OEM parts together and that comes to $1200.00 before shipping. Does anyone have a link to the old Merc Service Bulletin about the OEM conversion kit (I think maybe back in 2005 or so)? What do you think about the two below kits? Don't know what brand parts are in the kits.

http://www.perfprotech.com/store/pr...Single-Piece-Manifold-102979KIT-2,187520.aspx

http://www.perfprotech.com/store/pr...iser-43L-Painted-EK-MERC-43L-NC-NS,75395.aspx (think I would need a few more parts with this kit)