Trim Sender Ohms - Is this right?

Reinell-BRXL-191

Petty Officer 1st Class
So, I replaced my trim sender on my OMC 5.0l outdrive - the wires were rotten and broke, and I ordered a sender from Iboat ( Sierra) and I installed it... so I go to test it out, and it drops from all the way up to 1/2 on the gauge, then works the rest of the way down.. I think this is wrong.. so I replace the gauge with a new one.. it does the same thing.. so I test the ohms on the sender, and its at 198 at full up, and as soon as the arm moves a millimeter, it drops to mid 60's and then continues down to 1 - so, I think the sender is bad.. I order another one after talking to the tech at Sierra ( he says it's bad too) and iboats ships me another one... it is doing the same darn thing!!! Is it possible for 2 senders to be bad, or am I not familiar with trim gauges, and that's the way it is supposed to work? I can't see a reason why the sender would not care where the drive is from 50% all the way to full up...

Reinell-BRXL-191

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Trim Sender Ohms - Is this right?

So no one has a functioning trim sender in thier boat that can tell me how it should work??