1985 four winns 170 horizon bow rider.. complete rebuild

lennyb

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys.. Well the time is finally here (after putting it off for two years) for me to start on my boat project..I know you guys like pics and i'll post some as soon as my computer & camare decided to work together for a change.. Well i've pulled the interiour out (seats / carpets/etc ).. Well i found that someone applied a second floor over the original rotted one including the soaked original carpeting and then recarpeted over it all :facepalm:..and houston i have a problem. For those of you familiar with this style boat i have a question (and there will be alot more questions to follow as i go on) the wood floor under the front bow center section in completely gone. Am i correct in the thought that im gonna have to pop the top to get to this in order to replace it? And second how can i keep the boat hull from spaying while the tops off? I have to do all this in my driveway wuth the boat on the trailer due to the fact that my garage is full of other toys.. P.S. pics should be online by early next week..

weltonrs

Recruit
Re: 1985 four winns 170 horizon bow rider.. complete rebuild

Hey man, I have had my boat sitting in my yard for over a year now and this past weekend I decided to tear into it. It is a 1985 Four Winns Horizon 170 with the Mercruiser 140. It is also about to go through a full rebuild. My seats, cushions, and carpet are on the floor, the wood is all but gone, I just found out there's foam under the wood... I have no idea what I'm doing but I think it should be fun. How is your project going? Got any pictures yet?