2004 25 hp yamaha 4 stroke issue

RappyKing

Recruit
I bought a 14 foot Lund WC-DLX with a 2004 25 hp 4 stroke last fall, I had it out for a good run after I bought it then I ran the gas out of it and stored it in the basement for the winter. Last wekk I had it out for a fishing trip, started up no problem and was working just fine for 2 days. The third day I noticed that I was trolling a little faster then the other boats so I popped of the cover and turned the idle screw a bit. It slowed me down and was working just fine, about 4 hours later I was driving at full throtle for about 2 minutes, once i slowed down the motor shut off. Wouod not start back up the rest of the day. The next day once I got home after a few pulls it started right up again. a few hours later i started it againe and it seemed to run fine. The next day i put it back in the water and it started first pull, was running for about 2 minutes and once i started to give it throtle it dies on me and would not start back up again. I noticedthe motor sits very low in the water and after runnning at full throttle then slowing down it seems to drown itself with the wake behind me, would water getting into the exhaust have anything to do with this? if so how can I fix this problem? Any input would be great, thanks