prop

mobgod

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i have a txl77c want to know what size prop i can put on thinking of getting stainless one looks like i have 15 1/2 x 15 i think hard to tell

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: prop

We'll need a lot more info,read "read this first" at the top of the prop store page.You may find prop numbers under the prop nut.

mobgod

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We'll need a lot more info,read "read this first" at the top of the prop store page.You may find prop numbers under the prop nut.
OK read what you said I have a 19 foot silverline only numbers I see are on the prop 15 1/2 x 15 it's not stainless was looking to get one it's a 200 HP Johnson

archcycle

Chief Petty Officer

The prop you need depends on the performance you're currently getting out of the boat. What is your max WOT RPM?

mobgod

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The prop you need depends on the performance you're currently getting out of the boat. What is your max WOT RPM?
I understand what you mean but I'm not sure on that info boat has not been in the water yet I was told to buy another prop so I have a extra one should I just get the same size also if I want to get a stainless one what size?

fishrdan

Admiral

I understand what you mean but I'm not sure on that info boat has not been in the water yet I was told to buy another prop so I have a extra one should I just get the same size also if I want to get a stainless one what size?

Well, you need to run the boat so the prop guru's can make a recommendation. Don't worry about a spare prop right now, you don't need it to run the boat and get the data SS and arch were asking for. After running the boat you might find out it's a dog coming out of the hole, or it overshoots the WOT RPM, or it doesn't pull skier's worth a darn, etc, etc.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

A 15" pitch seems very small for a 19ft boat.
I think it may be difficult to select a prop based on the 15" results.
Counting a 4 stroke 200 there are at least 3 versions of the 200
Don't know if gear ratios are the same but if you tell us the year we can figure it out.
If you get us the performance specs, wot rpm and speed by gps
we should be able to come up with a starting point.

mobgod

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A 15" pitch seems very small for a 19ft boat.
I think it may be difficult to select a prop based on the 15" results.
Counting a 4 stroke 200 there are at least 3 versions of the 200
Don't know if gear ratios are the same but if you tell us the year we can figure it out.
If you get us the performance specs, wot rpm and speed by gps
we should be able to come up with a starting point.
Its a 200TXL77C

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

1.85, now we can run some calculations once you get some base line wot rpm and speed numbers.