Just a rant

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have'nt been a member long. I get on here everyday to research and learn. I am a member of other forums. One of my favorites is http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/. Over there I studied my butt off to learn to fish keep, and got darned good at it. Here's my beef. I have studied every, including archive threads (here),that pertain to my situation, to learn, and after reading through 1000's I have learned that here you guy's prefer old threads NOT be reserected. I have found several i would like to bring back up because they contain useful information that really did'nt clear it up for me but the OP understood. The thing is, over there I got tired of answering,or even reading about the same q's everyday. If I do bring up an old thread I hope I don't get reprimanded.:) People need to learn to do a little research on their own. Point being..I'm not allowed to bring up a dead thread? Thanks for listening.

foodfisher

Captain
Re: Just a rant

It's easy, after researching the old threads, start your own thread with your current questions. Adds to the library. Oh, by the way, complaining about forum regulations is not allowed either. Do it w/pms to the mods.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Start your own thread, then reference the old thread(s) with a link, so people can catch up, and participate, and ask for clarification, explanation, or further details..

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

OK, research, then start another thread, which is the preferred method on this particular system!

( I do have to say, not complaining about the rules throws me a bit though, I own and run 3 very popular forums and always welcome the complaints, the largest has over 7500 members!) But hey, to each their own.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I do have to say, not complaining about the rules throws me a bit though,
hey that violates section 9 of the Forum code!

I personally hate old threads being resurrected. If its a real long thread, you could end up taking a ton of time reading down through the whole thing and realize at the end you just wasted your entire time.

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

Makes sense guys. I was just in a weird mood last night. I can't go out in my boat 'cause of this rain. Thanks for the heads up.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

It's easy, after researching the old threads, start your own thread with your current questions. Adds to the library. Oh, by the way, complaining about forum regulations is not allowed either. Do it w/pms to the mods.

That response is right on the money.

The primary concern is that many people resurrect an older thread and then someone chimes in and soon the entire content of the thread changes.......... or they ask a question to the original poster who may not have been back for years........

The other reason is a personal one......... sadly we have lost some family here. Moderators and member's who have moved on to boating in the heavens..... :( and we have had new people address them with questions.

Nothing personal but yes, please start a new thread.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I can't go out in my boat 'cause of this rain.

Sure you can, duke. You just choose not to. After all, we were all born wet and have been wet a bazillion times since. Hasn't hurt us yet. :)

If you don't like getting wet investigate Frogg Toggs. I've had some great fishing in the rain while comfortable in my Frogg Toggs. :)

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

Start a new thread and frogg toggs. Right on!

aspeck

Staff member

Speaking of froggies, I sure miss the rubber one! Where is he, anyway?

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just ordered my frogg toggs. And the sun started shining! They are cool!. :)

bassman284

Commander

Sure you can, duke. You just choose not to. After all, we were all born wet and have been wet a bazillion times since. Hasn't hurt us yet. :)

If you don't like getting wet investigate Frogg Toggs. I've had some great fishing in the rain while comfortable in my Frogg Toggs. :)

I've had some good times fishing in the rain, occasionally with no rain gear other than a cap to keep the rain off my glasses. Unfortunately, it seems we rarely get rain without lightning. That's when I chicken out.

I checked the Frogg Togg website. Look good, priced right, 2 dealers close by. Time for an excursion.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Speaking of froggies, I sure miss the rubber one! Where is he, anyway?

There are a few of us that understand your comment...... I do miss his comments. :(