Satellite Radio Help - Manitou pontoon

Haerterich

Cadet
Hey All;

Just curious if anyone can help with this. Try not to make this story too long... First pontoon for us. Purchased brand new in February, taking delivery on Saturday (25' Manitou SES VP with new Merc 150 four-stroke). Boat comes standard with Sony radio with 6 speakers. Mine has optional Kicker speaker upgrade and Kicker DX amp. But it does NOT have satellite radio. So we included in the contract that dealer must install satellite radio. Well I check on delivery appointment for Saturday and there is a problem with the satellite install. They worked with Manitou but feel they do not have all the correct pieces/parts. Trying to get it figured out.

Here is the part they are struggling with. Trying to connect the Sony head unit to the satellite adapter/converter. Unfortunately the connection is already in use between the head unit and the Kicker amp. They are thinking there is a splitter or y-cable adapter still needed. They never started putting anything in because they wanted to make sure it was all 100% there and correct before starting.

So, does anyone have a factory setup like this??? Sony head unit with Kicker amp AND satellite radio adapter. If so, do you know how it all gets hooked together? Just trying to see if I can help. They still want me to take delivery on Saturday. They said once they figure it all out with Manitou, they will come to me (either at home or slip) to install. I just do not feel comfortable taking delivery without everything being done. That feeling once you drive away, you lose your leverage.

Thanks!
-Jeff

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: Satellite Radio Help - Manitou pontoon

Welcome aboard Haerterich. Let me preface this by confessing my knowledge of such things is extremely limited. I just run my XM through the auxiliary jack on the front of the head unit. That way when we get to the water I can just take the receiver out of my truck and put it on the boat and I'm not paying for a receiver I only use half the year on weekends. That said, wouldn't the amp connect to an output and the satellite to an input? If I were you I'd ask a mod to move this over to the electronics section. You're likely to get a lot more help over there. Good luck with it.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Intersting . I have some where around 30,000 MP3`s so I use SD memory cards

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Intersting . I have some where around 30,000 MP3`s so I use SD memory cards

My Expedition is equipped to take a direct Sirius/XM feed, but I had a little switch installed that interfaces with the CD player and has four inputs. One is for my aftermarket cheapie XM receiver (We're talking twenty bucks for the thing), one is for our iphones, one is for CD/rear DVD, and one is open. The XM receiver plugs into a little dock. I have one dock in the truck and one in the boat. When we get to the water I simply take the receiver and the iphones out of the truck and plug whichever one we want to listen to into the auxiliary jack on the front of the boat's HU. Works like a charm.