Audio Help

Ronnie!

Recruit
Ok, I am a total (what you would call NOOB). I have a boat that I am upgrading the Audio in. Long story short my radio took a EDIT so I bought a new head unit, next a few speakers took a EDIT, So hear I am posting this. I have a friend that has this system and I want to know if it would be good for my boat.

Dynaudio Esotec 242 7" two way speakers (I was told they are awesome).
Rainbow Profi 12" subwoofer .
TRU Technology B4100S AMP .

After looking at the specs over Sony, Alpine, Kenwood, ect I find this to be a much better system for just a bit more money.

Would this system work well and sound GREAT in a boat (298 Four Winns)?

I do not care about the boom boom but want a nice clear sound, but is this system going to be loud enough?

Last edited by a moderator:

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Re: Audio Help

Those speakers are overkill for a boat, I'd never put them in an marine environment where they are exposed to sun/UV. They won't stand up. Yes, its a nice system, but the components are about 25% of the equation. The install is the other 75%.

jdlough

Master Chief Petty Officer

Actually, I just checked the specs of your proposed system, and it seem to be awesome. 12" sub? Jeeze... The BOOM BOOM will be plenty. Will the speakers be protected from the elements? They better be; non-marine speakers get trashed real quick on any boat anywhere.

Last edited:

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I have a Rockford Fosgate 160 watt head unit running 4 Fogate 6'' 2 ways and it is way plenty load enough, remember , sound travels farther on water and if ever there was a water cop attractant it is load music so if you are out in your boat jamming make sure you can be boarded and be alright.

Just remember other people are on the water to enjoy themselve also and that more than likely doesn't involve listening to your music.

And I concur, if you don't get marine grade components plan on replacing them alot.