Can you i.d. My trailer?

gpfishingdude

Chief Petty Officer
Hi. New here. I bought a 16' Starcraft center console aluminum fishing boat and trailer. I got it in the water today and found out I need to get guides for when I load it back onto the trailer. Do any of you know what brand of trailer starcraft used to sell in boat trailer packages, maybe early to mid 60s? I would like to see what kind of side boards the trailer had originally so that I can get an idea what would work best. Thanks from and old fisherman.

gpfishingdude

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Can you i.d. My trailer?

Hi. I was reading other posts on here and found one that was describing my boat. The guy said the boat his father had was a 72. I looked up 72s and one of the pictures in the brochure looks like my center console. So I guess I'm looking for what brand of trailer they came packaged with in 72. Thanks again

halfmoa

Ensign

My 1972 Starcraft Super Sport sits on a Gator trailer that Gramps said came under it when he bought it new. You need to post pictures of it and even then it's a long shot to get an ID.

In regards to guides, my trailer needs them too. There's generic kits available but there is no way that there is a specific applicaiton for your 40 year old trailer currently available even if you can identify the make and model. I'm going to make mine when I replace the bunks.

gpfishingdude

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks! I'll look up old Gator trailers to see if they are like mine. If I could see one, like mine, rigged up I would know if I have to buy or build. From what I have seen in the generics so far they aren't made for my type of trailer.

Thalasso

Commander

Thanks! I'll look up old Gator trailers to see if they are like mine. If I could see one, like mine, rigged up I would know if I have to buy or build. From what I have seen in the generics so far they aren't made for my type of trailer.

Try posting a picture of the trailer. Pic's are worth a thousand words in this situation