omc mechanic

rojoc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Do any of the Long Island posters have a person they can rely on that does omc work? If so could they supply a name(or number). I'm in Suffolk, between Patchogue and Port Jefferson. Thanks in advance.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: omc mechanic

I'd just call around to independant repair shops. Stay away from boat dealers. They may take on the project but most likely know little about them as they are into current things.<br /><br />Even if the shop you call does not work on them they may well know someone who is proficient in them. They are not all that complicated they are just different. I have an old timer, here in Portland Oregon, who has units shipped to him for repair from all over the country.<br /><br />Alot of them come from other repair/dealer facilities that have screwed them up trying to fix them. Some just come from individuals because they know his reputation and expertise.

KaGee

Admiral
Re: omc mechanic

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> I'd just call around to independant repair shops. Stay away from boat dealers. <br />
I second that. Been to two here locally. Both "reputable" dealers, both shops had "kids" working on $30K on up boats. Sorry if some consider that an age descrimination issue... but there is no way someone that young could be experienced enough to wrench on my stuff... boat or auto.