# 1 on 3.0L est distributor

ofthepeace

Recruit
I know this should be a very basic question but I just want to make sure I am reading the firing order diagram correctly. My mercruiser is a 3.0L (est). The firing order diargram I have is 1-3-4-2 and has "FRONT" marked on the the page showing the four inline cylinders and a circle representing the distributor. My distributor is not a circular one but is the est distributor which is flat on one side with two electrical connection openings (the connector to the coil is one and 2 white leads are in the other) This flat side with the connector openings faces the startboard side of the boat rather than the front. I can't tell from diagram which is number 1 on the distributor. Is number 1 at the position directly behind the white leads? Looking at the stern of the boat I have what I think is 1 (behind white leads which face starboard) at 7 o'clock, 2 is at 5 o'clock, 3 is at 11 o'clock and 4 is at 1 o'clock. Is that right?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: # 1 on 3.0L est distributor

What is the serial number of your engine, there is a service bulletin on plug wire location on the distributor cap.