Enough room for front trolling motor...

JC2133

Seaman Apprentice
I have 18" to work with vertically. Would I be able to fit a front trolling motor.
402315400.jpg

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Enough room for front trolling motor...

You should be able to get one on there, just measured mine and it would fit,I have 26'' front to back and 41'' side to side but there is at least 12'' in front of it, you would have to go almost straight across the bow and have the troller out the side but it would fit.

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer

I have Minnkota Power Drive which is mounted to quick release "base" also from Minnkota. The quick release base is probably not even 12 inches square. If you went with that set up you could mount your trolling motor in almost any orientation. If you have a Minnkota motor. . .

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yes, what TM said. You have plenty of room for a Minn Kota quick mount. I have put four of them on different classic Boston Whalers.

JC2133

Seaman Apprentice

I have Minnkota Power Drive which is mounted to quick release "base" also from Minnkota. The quick release base is probably not even 12 inches square. If you went with that set up you could mount your trolling motor in almost any orientation. If you have a Minnkota motor. . .

Thanks, I didn't know I can set it up at any orientation. I thought they had to be vertical or at a slight angle. So, I can basically get one going across then, cool.