what have I got?

roadawg

Recruit
Hi guys, I just got a hold of an old Johnson Seahorse twin cylinder, OD 10, 92634 metal cowling, controls on the motor, not the steering handle, not sure what year. the tank has got a compartment on top of it that is used to curl the hose in, never seen a tank like this, thanks in advance.

hidef

Lieutenant
Re: what have I got?

It is either a QD-10 10hp 1949-50 or a CD-10 5.5hp 1954 you need to verify the first letter.

nwcove

Admiral

hmmm ...0D 10? sure its not a QD? the tank you are referring to is one of the older " suitcase tanks" , probably has the rochester fuel guage.

roadawg

Recruit

001.jpg

So this is what they call a suitcase tank?

and yes it's a QD10

nwcove

Admiral

yep, suitcase tank, not as common as the "newer" style mile master or cruise a day tanks. if its in good shape its well worth restoration. ( if you are into the resto stuff)

roadawg

Recruit

yep, suitcase tank, not as common as the "newer" style mile master or cruise a day tanks. if its in good shape its well worth restoration. ( if you are into the resto stuff)

I checked inside the tank it is very clean, it's just the outside that need work, my nephew had it given to him, then it ended up in his dads garage then my nephew told them just to scrap it, they where ready to take it to the dump, that's when I stepped in now it's mine, think it will become my rainy day project to see if I can get it to run so more questions to come.:confused:

nwcove

Admiral

go for it, best fun you can have for a few bucks, especially if you rescued it from the scrap heap!!