jgorman

Jgorman

Recruit
I have a 2001 OptiMax 150. It has been faultless over the first 8 years. I now have an ongoing problem with the low oil sensor. On an average day of using my pontoon maybe about 8 to 12 throttle ups to get going once or twice during this time I will throttle up to go and the low oil lite and beeper comes on and the engine goes into limp home mode.

I will try about 5 times to get it throttle up correctly, and in one of those one to five times it will run normally (very frustrating). This has been happening intermitently over the past two summers. Otherwise this motor has not had one problem and this tri-toon a performance standout on this lake.

I have cleaned the main oil reservoir, and replaced the gaskets on the two screw down caps. Pressure seems to be fine.
I have replaced the engine side reservoir and sensor. Also replaced the small inline filter.

I have discussed this problem with a Mercury mechanic, who advised me to do everything I have done. He is now at a loss for a solution.

Problem still persists. So, if anyone can help me out with this problem it would be greatly appreciated.