Another Pet

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer
I had not been planning on getting another dog after Hanna is gone. I have had her for more than 15 years and do not want to go through loosing another after this.

So, that being said, there has been a dog, looks like a yellow lab, running around the neighborhood getting into peoples garbage(everyone's but ours). I did notice an empty bowl by our step for the past few days.:confused:

This morning I got to sleep in, which is a rarity, only to be woken by a cold wet nose and a lick on the face. Apparently my wife and son and wife have been feeding her and letting her in.

The neighbors have seen them playing with and letting her in the house so now they think she is ours.

I have spent the better part of the morning cleaning up trash to keep peace in the neighbor hood.:redface:

I guess the neighbors knew something I didn't. I have a new dog.:facepalm:
A big female yellow lab with a beautiful coat about two years old.:facepalm:

erwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Another Pet

That made me smile. :)
I've lost a few dogs over the years, but it's always worth it to me to have my four legged friends.

This part makes me a little nervous, though! I could sure deal with a dog more easily than 2 wives! :p
...my wife and son and wife...

tswiczko

Nah, The wife some times seems like she has more than one personality going on is all.:eek::eek::D

The only time I haven't had a dog with me is when I was in the service, but when I got out my folks gave Scamp, my beagle, back to me.

tswiczko

Baby.jpg

Here she is I have been calling her Baby

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Good for you and good for that beautiful dog. It's hard to say no to something that looks like that.

smclear

Chief Petty Officer

Has anyone thought to take her to the vet and see if she's got a chip. An exam at the least.

Has anyone thought to take her to the vet and see if she's got a chip. An exam at the least.

not a bad idea there, or even a call to the local animal shelter/control, just in case some poor family is searching for her. Nice looking dog there!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You are blessed when you adopt a great dog. You are doubly blessed when a great dog adopts you.

rivermouse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We had a yellow lab for 12 years. They love people . They love to play and are very smart.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I had not been planning on getting another dog after Hanna is gone. I have had her for more than 15 years and do not want to go through loosing another after this.

So, that being said, there has been a dog, looks like a yellow lab, running around the neighborhood getting into peoples garbage(everyone's but ours). I did notice an empty bowl by our step for the past few days.:confused:

This morning I got to sleep in, which is a rarity, only to be woken by a cold wet nose and a lick on the face. Apparently my wife and son and wife have been feeding her and letting her in.

The neighbors have seen them playing with and letting her in the house so now they think she is ours.

I have spent the better part of the morning cleaning up trash to keep peace in the neighbor hood.:redface:

I guess the neighbors knew something I didn't. I have a new dog.:facepalm:
A big female yellow lab with a beautiful coat about two years old.:facepalm:

The problem seems to stem from the fact that you have 2 wives.

Moody Blue

Captain

Yes, please do make the effort to check local pounds and vets for lost dog notices. Someone may be desperately searching for their lost pet.

Several years ago our dog escaped from our yard during an approaching thunderstorm and ran off. He was missing for over three weeks. I spent countless hours searching, posted hundreds of flyers, placed ads in newspapers and visited every vet and animal shelter for many miles around.

By pure luck I received an anonymous phone call leading me to where our dog was being kept. We found him 25 miles away while out walking with an older man. One of the happiest days of my life when we were reunited.

marcoalza

Chief Petty Officer

Well done my friend.
Seems like its the season for taking in Yellow Labs!
Enjoy.

I'm a tough man too!
I can say no!

Sami Sayegh _.jpg

tswiczko

Nah, The wife some times seems like she has more than one personality going on is all.:eek::eek::D

Going to the vets next week.

And wondering which personality my wife will wake up with:rolleyes:
If she heads straight for the coffee pot and doesn't turn the T.V. on I'm gonna go fishing and avoid the fight:eek:
If she gets a soda out of the fridge we are going to visit my inlaws.
if she doesn't get up till noon I done something right and don't have a thing to worry about.;)

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

I have a dog named hannah too. She's a stray I found and took in.
She's a TERRIBLE dog, but she's our terrible dog :D

I mean REALLY terrible. To the point that I sent her off to a 4 week boarding in training program AT THE PRISON and they couldn't even scared straight this dog :facepalm:

tswiczko

Well, we took her to the vet today...
Guess it wasn't my time to get another dog.
Our vet had seen her before and recognized her. We explained how we came by her and our vet took care of the rest. So after they contacted the owner we left her in the vets care and she will be picked up there.. So, now I have an upset wife, and an angry 6 year old to deal with. And I didn't do anything wrong,...well, not this time I didn't :facepalm:

I guess her owners lived about a block and a half away and moved a couple months back. She got loose from them and headed to what she thought was home. Can't blame her, if I were let loose I might run away too, but with my luck a vet would recognize me and return me to my family.

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It's a sad day, but they will get over it.
Not to worry, Your family will find the right dog at the right time..

Moody Blue

Captain

A sad day for your family for sure, but imagine the joy the real owners of that lost dog are feeling. Every attempt should be made to find the rightful owners of any stray dog before claiming them for their own.