No tilt/trim

jjrobiso

Cadet
Maybe someone already posted it and of so I'm sorry but my power tilt trim motor doesn't work, possibly broke and my engine is stuck and I need to lift it up. Is there any manual way to do this?

RandyJ

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: No tilt/trim

Are you absolutely positively sure the trim motor is not working? I recently had the same issue but when I hooked the wires directly to a battery it worked fine. I found a bad connection in the wire between the relay and the trim motor. One way to check this is to use a test light or volt meter to see if you're getting power to the motor when you engage the tilt/trim switch.

archcycle

Chief Petty Officer

You haven't posted a year or model, but you may have a manual release on the starboard side of the tnt bracket. It would be a larger slot head recessed in a hole. Loosen a little and lift the motor up.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Give the mtr a few raps with a small hammer, You may have a stuck brush.

jjrobiso

Cadet

sorry no year/model

1979 Evinrude 100 hp 100999s

I don't have a battery right now the one that came with it is shot. I'll pick one up next week.

I found a very large screw fitting a flathead that i unscrewed all the way, nothing came out of it but i bet stuff should have :/ . this is a picture of one of my pistons (?not sure what to call it)
photo(2).JPG

boobie

Supreme Mariner

The manual release valve is on the side of the stern bracket depending on the yr. The screw you loosened has nothing to do with manually raising the mtr.

jjrobiso

Cadet

Would the manual release be called the manifold Plug? Or can you be more specific as to where it is located?

Will Bark

Lieutenant

On the outside of the starboard(right) transom bracket there should be a hole and in it you should see a slot headed screw unscrew it about 2 turns and you should be able to raise your motor it may not be easy but it should come up. good luck

jjrobiso

Cadet

Thank you so much! I will try tomorrow if it won't rain that bad. Seriously busted up my skeg moving the boat when i got it due to it will not move. Anyone have an opinion about a new skeg?

jjrobiso

Cadet

Thank you Will Bark! Wish I knew that before i took it home last fall, broke the skeg and prop :( But it's now on the motor holding arm thing, sry no technical nature about me. thanks again.