mecury tilt/trim pump ?

Vision91

Petty Officer 3rd Class
hello its me again with another quick? my 12v motor on my trim/tilt pump went out the brushes are completly gone and a wire is broke or ripped. my question i have is can i buy any new pump or does it have to be one that puts out the exact psi mine does which is around 4500 psi..i could b wrong on that and it might be 450 psi but here is a picture of one which is the same one i have

forgot to mention its used on a 1972 mercury ob 1150...yea i know the pump is overkill for this engine but it came with the boat

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!iEE8J!LTj0(BPQufQ02FQ~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqF,!iEE8J!LTj0(BPQufQ02FQ~~60_12.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 0

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: mecury tilt/trim pump ?

I am confused by your posting. You need to replace the PTT pump motor with an exact replacement. If you can get a used PTT pump and resevoir, of the same type you already have, you can use that. The inline 4 and 6 cylinder Mercs for most of the 70s used a pump/resevoir like in your picture.

chum1

Petty Officer 1st Class

you can also solder in new brushes per service manual

Vision91

Petty Officer 3rd Class

well my issue is im not sure if just any brushes will work and im not sure who made this pump or the 12v motor

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

You should be able to get brushes from merc or Crowleymarine web site. Aftermarket replacement motors and resevoir assembly may be avail. It would help if I knew what you were looking for.

Vision91

Petty Officer 3rd Class

im looking for top cover on the motor that haves the brushes on it or the complete housing with the magnets in it ill take a picture and post it in a few gotta find the camera first

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Check and see if ARCO makes an aftermarket Motor and resevoir. They used to.

merc850

Commander

The brushes failed on mine last year and a dealer had the end cap with brushes attached (old cap here for example)PT-motor.jpg but you have to use silver solder to attach,the cap also has a thermal cutout in it.