• restore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • scrap

Votes: 21 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i either scrap lil red and have no power boat or get help from you guys and restore it over the summer? or scrap it and wait a year or two and save up? opinions please

Ryanlewis2010

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: scrap or restore

if you want more room the eqaution is simple (more space=you+lil red+chainsaw-lil red+$2000=18 ft deep v-haul. oo dont forget to carry the 1 hah lol all kidding aside this is the same thing that just got closed same debate same thing just please get rid of it you already know what were going to say you just wanna justify the reason to CHOP IT WITH A CHAINSAW lol [/rant]

SigSaurP229

Commander

Same thing I said last year either rebuild it properly or shut up and scrap it.

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You have two choices. Start the restoration or start doing something more interesting, like posting on an internet forum. Ask yourself which is actually more interesting and that will get the project going. (either to the scrapyard or to the tools)

Pony

Rear Admiral

I would scrap it since you clearly won't be happy with it even once it is completed since it isn't what you are ultimately looking for.....

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

At the time of me posting this, the vote is 11-0 in favor of scrapping it...

Yet, somehow I feel that the inevitable outcome of this poll still wont be the last we'll hear about SBL's wreck.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

If you want more room in your boat you can always do what Sleeper6 did:
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=507523&highlight=sleeper6

You should actually read and study in the restoration forum and you may actually learn something... instead of posting "What If" threads in the general forum. Had you been studying and paying attention in the resto forum during your resto last year you would have a seaworthy boat right now and wouldn't be worrying about all of this because you'd be out on the water in your powerboat.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

there is no reason to restore a boat like that, especialy since you have to un-restore it first. Time is more valuable, even for a 15 year old.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

look at it this way. a proper hobbyist restoration will be minimum of 3-400 hours. in that time you could get a second job, and buy a much larger, better boat that you really want and be much happier. any restoration project will take 3-4 times the money and time that you originally estimate.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

This is what I said 3/31/2011...

Cut it up, throw it away, sell the motor, sell the trailer, let it go.

I repeated it several times in many of your other threads. My opinion has not certainly not changed and I suspect most/all of the other guys here would probably agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.